Removing Oil Stains from Concrete

How can I remove a bad oil stain from my concrete patio floor?

By Alex from Surrey, England

I'm not sure you can remove the entire stain but here is how I cleaned my driveway where our car leaked oil.

Get a wide blade putty knife and scrape up whatever you can. Next, get some Pine Sol and pour it directly onto the stain. Scrub with a wire brush. Rinse with water and let dry. When the area is completely dry, you can spray some brake cleaner or carburetor cleaner on the area. You might be able to get the residue off with that and you can buy it at any auto supply store.

Home Depot and Lowe's also sell something that is supposed to work to get the stains off but we have never used it so I don't know if it works.

Hope this helps!

Use clay kitty litter, be generous, walk on to make contact, leave for how ever long it take.