Freezing Marinated Meats

We like to marinate meats for the grill, but we usually forget to thaw and marinate it ahead of time. So now when I shop and buy steak tips or what ever type of meat I am going to marinate, I will buy three or four meals worth and then freeze the meats right in the zipper bag with marinade. All I have to do now is remember to thaw it. I only use this with my homemade marinades, I am not sure how this would work with pre-mixed store bought types.

By Gardencraft

By Marlane. (Guest Post)

I've used purchased marinade on my meat and freeze it in zip lock bags. They work very well and I've had no problem with doing it that way. It does save time and I always have it ready when I need it. Works well with chicken.

I have used the store bought marinades and they work just as well when you freeze them. Just remember if you use multiple marinades on different meat to write on the bag which kind is which.

By Jim Baller (Guest Post)

Can you re-freeze steak after marinating