Change Shoe Color with Cream Polish

I needed a pair of comfortable black shoes to work in. I already had a pair in my closet that were suitable, but they were the wrong color and had a couple of stains on them I just couldn't get out. I decided to try some black cream shoe polish. I applied it with an old toothbrush, so as to get into the stitching. I think it worked very well. The shoes do look brown in this photo. With the extra shoe polish, it did dry to look more black than brown.

By Monica from Cortez, CO

You might try an additional coat of black liquid shoe polish to make the finish blacker. Of course, you can also use shoe dye from the leather store or shoe repair shop.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Home and Garden Repair ClothingSeptember 30, 2010
🎉
🎄