Spilled a Bottle of Nail Polish Remover

Category Stains

My daughter spilled nail polish remover on light blue carpet, we used dry cloths to soak it up. What else should we do?

By Joy from Anaheim, CA

My 3 year old daughter decided she needed to take off her nail polish on her own and spilled nail polish remover on my bed. I didn't catch it until who knows how long after and it soaked through to the mattress.

Will it hurt the mattress? I tried to soak it up and "wash" off the area. Is there anything I can or should do? If it matters, it's non acetone. And the whole house (weird that it's the whole house) smells wretched.

By Amanda from OH

I spilled a bottle of nail polish remover on my bedroom carpet and my whole rooms reeks. Any suggestions on how to cut the smell? I blotted it dry, but the odor.

Sami

Answers:

Spilled a Bottle of Nail Polish Remover

You can try to put a dish of vinegar in your room, that absorbs odors. Or try to air it out (not sure where you live, but if the weather permits open up windows in there). Baking soda helps for odors, too. Hope this works for ya. (03/19/2006)

By Katie

Spilled a Bottle of Nail Polish Remover

Sprinkle a thick layer of baking soda on it and let set for a couple of days, then vacuum up. May need to repeat. (03/21/2006)

Home and Garden Cleaning StainsOctober 3, 2010
🍀
💘

Generated 2020-01-28 17:46:08 in 2 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️

StainsCleaning