My Frugal LifeFrugal Living

My Frugal Life - I'm Protective of My Money

My first line of defense to frugal living is to stay out of stores! If I go into a store, it is inevitable that I will buy unnecessary things that are a bargain or "cute". That opportunity is not there if I stay home. I did not enter the mall once during this holiday season.

I also do not look at the beautiful catalogs that arrive at my home. How can I need something if I don't know it exists? I always shop without the children. My dear Mom takes them so that I may get the essentials without having to repeat "No" over and over. If we do take them into a store, it is explained to them first what we are buying and what we will not be buying, No side trips to the toy aisles!

I stay away from Ebay and the home shopping channels as well. I try to keep in mind that everyone wants my money and if I want some for me, I need to be very protective of it!

Karen from Easthampton, MA

Do you have a frugal story to share with the ThriftyFun community? Submit your essay here: http://www.thriftyfun.com/post_myfrugallife.ldml

One of my dear friends(I'm sure she has her 1st.$1.bill)told me a saying her Mother taught her"Do I want it or Do I need it"Makes sence to me.Keeper in NC

I think the same way. The sellers are always trying to sneak money of my pocket in various ways. If I don't go into a store, I don't buy unneeded items. I deserve to keep as much money as I can in my pocket.

One favorite suggestion: "If you can't eat it, DON'T
buy it", if you're on lowered income. Low income is NOT "less" income, but it works, regardless. You've GOT IT, girl! Besides, "the BEST things in life AREN'T THINGS," right? God bless you. : )

Aren't we all LOL! Good for you.