CasserolesRecipes

Eggplant And Zucchini Casserole

I just made this up the other night and the amounts can vary, depending what you have on hand. my family really liked it.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9x11 inch glass casserole dish. Layer slices of peeled eggplant, and peeled zucchini in dish, alternating with sprinkled Parmesan cheese, shredded Fiesta cheese mixture and your home made spaghetti sauce. Or you can brown about 1/2 lb. ground beef. Drain it and add it to a can of stewed tomatoes, or a plain can of diced tomatoes to which you have added about 1/2 an onion and 1/4 of a green pepper. I mixed in a couple of squirts of catsup.

Add your favorite spices, Mrs Dash, garlic powder and paprika and salt to taste. Spread the sauce in between layers ending with sauce and sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese and the fiesta cheese.

Bake for approximately 45 minutes covered with foil. Remove foil and place under broiler for about 10 minutes. My family likes it a little crusty.

By ValleyGalRuth from Harlingen, TX

That sounds good! I have made it before with eggplant similar to that but not with the squash included. Since I got both yet from the garden, I will give it a try. Thanks Connie!

Ruth, this sounds like it will be a tasty dish--I will try on my guys! Good to read others from the Rio Grande Valley also use this great site. I am from Mcallen but now live in KY. thanks! libby