Pet PagesPets

Spitfire (Red Shorthair Tabby)

Spitfire is a 6 week old Red Shorthair Tabby. This little fella was left on our porch by a friend. As I drove up, I heard the little girl say, "I hope you like the cat I gave your daughter."

I said, "What cat?" She said, "The one I left on your porch!"

I ran up to the porch to see. There was a foster pit pup up there. Oh dear, all was OK.

This little fella seems to like to pick fights with the other kittens. He was placed in a good home at the adoption event at the Covered Bridge Festival in Elizabethton, TN. He was beating up all the other kittens in the play pen. I suppose my pit bull foster pup, who also found a great home, taught him that.

This kitten was so hungry, when we put him on the bed and fed him, and got our fingers out of the way of his baby teeth, we really enjoyed watching him eat. He spread his feet out on the whole pan and protected it from us. He was not going to share. It was so cute. :)

By Robyn

I chuckled. :-) We took in a stray kitten a couple years ago (already had two grown cats). He would guard his food, too. He'd take a piece of something good to the corner, chew and growl all at the same time. Silly kitty, we gave him the food!

I'm glad to hear that yours found a good home. Thank you for sharing with us!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Have you ever tried giving them a piece of imitation lobster? It is hilarious, they howl and snarl and try to protect it even if no one else is around, they enjoy it so much..of course it is too rich to feed all the time but if we don't spoil our pets, who will? :)

Reply Like this photo? Yes