Cold Water Flow Restricted to Washing Machine

When a washer does not fill up as it should, you may want to check if a water hose is pinched or a screen is clogged before calling a repairman. This is a guide about cold water flow restricted to washing machine.

When I try to use cold water temperature for my washing machine, it barely trickles out but when I use warm it comes out just fine. I hope I don't need to buy a new machine. Any suggestions?

Rita in Wisconsin

Answers

Best Answer

This happened to me and I found that the mesh filter in the cold water line was clogged. To find the filter unscrew the cold water hose from the back of your machine and reach inside the opening with a finger and you should be able to remove the filter to clean it. Replace the filter and screw on the hose tightly. It worked in my washer which is a Kenmore. I don't know if all washers are the same, but it is worth a try.

Best Answer

Just a tip " SHUT OFF THE WATER" before taking off the hose. and have a bucket near by for the remain water in the hose.

Best Answer

I have the same problem The screen on the cold water inlet was clogged. I cleaned and replaced the screen works great for a month or so. I would like to know what is clogging the screen. its white fiber looking stuff almost like a fiberglass mat with a little brown in it Wish I knew.

My clothes washer, a rebuilt, has done us fairly well, but has picked up an issue I'd like resolved. If I wash things in cold water, barely any water flows in and it has taken over 4 hours to do a load of wash today. It's taken longer and longer over the past couple weeks.

We are on an automated well system and there's been air in the pipes the last few days, but this problem with the washer has been going on for several weeks and probably isn't connected to the air in the pipes. Will it clear up if I do a warm/cold wash with vinegar, or is this a larger problem?

By nekocat from OR

Answers

Best Answer

The water for my washer also comes from a well. I found the cold water strainer in the hose that runs from the the inlet valve as well as the strainer in the hose that attaches to the washer gets clogged with slit. I would clean the stainer every month or so. I finally put a filter in the cellar to filter out the slit as the water comes into the house. Made a big difference.