Pay Attention to the Cooking

Category Cooking Tips

Don't do something else while you're cooking. Time gets away from you and the results can be a disaster. At least, have a very loud timer. I ruined more than a few dishes and managed to almost burn my house down learning this.

By Don

Oh I know about that. I had some eggs hardboiling and I totally forgot they were on the stove as I went back on the computer for what was suppose to be a quick reference that I was looking for, got involved and suddenly smelled sulfer! Agh! It smelled just awful! I had to throw the eggs and the pot out, and the smell lingered even though I sprayed, washed, and put out a small bowl of vinegar. So no computer when I am cooking!

my friends brother put toast in and then went
outside to smoke a cig and came back and the

toaster had caught on fire and burned the top
of the kitchen cabinet. No major damage but scary.
Thanks for the reminder.

I take my timer with me!

Thanks for that reminder.....it is so very easy to get distracted when you are cooking. I either stay put or put the timer on....which beeps very loudly. I think it's a very good idea to set a timer when hardboiling eggs....or check the clock when you start them! I have come back to find burnt eggs, burnt pot with water all boiled away....you'd be amazed at how easy it is to have this happen when you get distracted or real involved in something else. Cooking time should not be multi-tasking time, that's for sure!

Food and Recipes Food Tips Cooking TipsFebruary 2, 2006
😷
👒
🌻
🐛
👔

Generated 2020-05-02 19:11:23 in 2 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️

Cooking TipsFood Tips