Maintenance and RepairHome Improvement

Removing Faux Ninelite Plastic Grid on Door Window

The upper part of my metal exterior door is one largish window, having a vinyl/plastic/resin faux framework that creates a 9-pane look in it. I'm about to spray paint the door with Rustoleum and would like to remove this grid, perhaps leaving it off entirely afterwards.

I can see something that look like 14 plastic pegs or posts around the outer frame, holding it to the door (?). The middle of the grid is not attached to the window at all. Does anyone have any advice on how to safely remove the grid? (I can post a picture later on, when I have more time.)

Thanks.

By Nica from Big Bend, WV

We used to have doors like that and the plastic gridwork just snapped into and out of some slots in the metal part of the door. It was really easy to take it out in order to clean the glass.