Product FinderConsumer Advice

Where Can I Buy Inexpensive Muslin Fabric?

Where can I find cheap muslin?

By Shirley Cross from Petoskey, MI

Been there and done that. I searched all over the internet for cheap muslin and knew it would be a lost cause since it would have cost me to have it shipped.

I ended up buying a whole bolt of muslin at one of the old Walmart Stores that still has the fabric and craft department. I think I paid about $1.86 per yard. It was less than $2 a yard.

If you don't have one of the older Walmart Stores in your area, look into buying muslin at Joann Fabrics. Wait for a sale and buy the whole bolt, it will last you a long time.

If you have an IKEA store nearby, they were selling plain white bedsheets (twin size) for 1.99. I needed a bunch to make a muslin insert for a product I am developing and I bought several. It is fairly lightweight so you might want to check it out.

I hope that helps.

If you are on the Joann mailing list, you will occasionally get a 50% off "one cut" of fabric, so if you buy the bolt, it is one cut. Not terribly expensive to begin with, but this makes it really affordable!

If you go to Walmart you can find cheap muslin fabric. Now if you look for the kind that has cute designs, you would be better off going and getting fabric ink and stamps and making them your self cause ones that come that way are about $10 a yard.