Storing Celery

If you like celery be sure to wrap it up in foil when you put it away in the fridge, it'll last for ever, weeks anyway!

Janet from Bangor ME

When you bring home celery from the store remove the plastic bag and wrap tightly in foil. The celery will last for a month or more this way. No more wasting celery when it loses it's crispness.

By Pat Thompson

This really works, people. I have been storing this way for a couple years now. And just for fun, when you wrap it in the foil, put the date on it with a sharpy. I just used the last of a stalk that I bought at reduced price at the store. The date on the foil was 6/22. I checked it from time to time and trimmed any parts that were going bad, but we ate the heart at lunch today, August 25. So that should be proof enough of the results.
Harlean from Arkansas

I would definitely like to try this. I am wondering if it keeps it crisp. I wrap mine in paper towels and that does help but still before I'm able to use all the celery, it is limp.

I agree, it does work! The foil is the answer :-)

Jennifer
Northern Virginia

By Carol (Guest Post)

Wow! I never heard of this. I'll try it!! Thanks!

I always clean it and store in cold water (same with carrots). I have an old Tupperware "pickle" server (with a lift up insert) that fits carrot & celery sticks perfectly.

No one eats the celery! I only need a few at a time, so maybe I'll try it this way! Thanks!

Food and Recipes StorageJuly 9, 2006
😷
🎄
🎉
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf54348265.tip.html