Making Vintage Fridgie Diet Reminder Magnets
Here is another vintage Diet Reminder Fridgie. This cute little cow is easy and fun to make. Something the kids can help with, and it makes a nice little gift with a humorous message.
- brown foam
- scrap of white or grey foam
- scrap of pink foam
- black Sharpie
- 6MM wiggly eyes
- red and black sequin
- 1/4 inch ribbon
- Tacky white glue
- magnetic strip (cut with scissors)
- alphabet macaroni
- Print out the template (make 2 of the cow). I prefer card stock because it is easier trace around.
- Lay patterns right side down on the foam and trace around them with a black Sharpie. The reason for this is so that if any of the line remains when you cut them out, the lines will not be visible to your finished craft. Cut out the pieces and turn the pieces right side up.
- Position the udder in the proper place between the 2 cow pieces and glue in place.
- Matching the edges of cow pieces, glue them together.
- Match up the tips of the horns, and glue the horn piece in place.
- Make a bow with the ribbon, and glue it to the horns as shown in the photo.
- Glue eyes, nose and mouth in place.
- Using a toothpick, place a small dot of white glue where you want to start the text. Position the "H", and continue with all the alphabet macaroni letters to spell out "Holy Cow, Are You Eating Again". If you are unable to find the alphabet macaroni, just print the words on paper or poster board and glue to the cow.
- Glue a couple strips of magnet to the back of the cow.
The instructions are also in a PDF file for which you may need Acrobat Reader to view. Download Acrobat Reader
Click Here to download the Cow Diet Reminder Fridgie Instructions and Templates in PDF format.
By Harlean from Hot Springs, ARRead More Comments
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This was one of my most popular crafts to sell in the 60's. The foam is not the same now as back then, but it is more dense and easier to work with. A great little tuck-in gift for secret pals, friends, and loved ones.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.