Halo (American Cocker Spaniel)

Halo is 10 weeks old and is a AKC American Cocker Spaniel. After our pet died of liver cancer, we bought another cocker spaniel to fill the void our dog left. Halo was 8 weeks old when we got him and was born on Sept. 6, 2007.

Halo loves to chase after a two litre plastic bottle around the floor for fun and he gets a lot of exercise. Halo also likes to play with his squeaky plush dog bone shaped toy and play tug of war with me. He likes to play in the fallen leaves and carry one in his mouth when he takes a walk.

By Myrna from Georgetown, OH

He is so cute!! It sounds as if he is already at home with you, and happy to be your baby. I'm curious, tho - how did you come by the name "Halo"? It's cute, but I'd never think of it for a dog. Thanks for sharing, Merry Christmas and God bless you!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Thank you for your comment...yes, our little fella is so much fun. He's a "velcro" puppy and we love him a lot. Halo is always doing something to bring us laughter.

My out of state cousin recently got a Chinese Crested dog and named her Halo. I loved the name and decided to name the next dog I got, Halo too. I'm enlarging on the idea and will have a female Cocker Spaniel in a few months and will name her Angel.

My older two cocker spaniels now deceased were named Mocha and Cocoa. I wanted two names that complimented each other. Halo and Angel are different and we're always getting "Aaah's" from people when they hear the names.

Reply Like this photo? Yes