Cardboard Tube From A Fabric Bolt As A Curtain Rod

I used the round tube from a fabric bolt for a curtain rod once and it worked wonderfully! I had some contact paper in the wood-look pattern and covered the tube with it and on the ends I poofed up some fabric and covered the ends with it and rubberbands. Being it was a smaller sized window I used one curtain panel and pulled it to one side. It turned out terrific. And best of all, it cost nothing since I had it all on hand.

You can get the cardboard tubes from any fabric store since they throw them away anyway and most are glad to give them to you.

By Kat

Can you post a picture of what it looks like? I am curious, for I would like to make one. Thank you.