80's Weight Watchers Plan

I am searching for the Weight Watchers weekly journals from the late 80s and 90s. I believe there were six weeks worth and then there was a large maintenance sheet where you filled in your daily progress, food categories, water, exercise, etc. This was the best program! I used it to return to my pre-pregnancy weight, five times. Now I'm approaching menopause and have had serious health issues and gained 60 pounds in one year. If anyone has any information I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks so much.

By Ronda from MD

I think they are both here:
http://www.star  ht-watcher-form/
and
here:
http://www.keep  ine_journals.php

I think if you look up diabetes exchange diet you will find about the same thing.
I, too, loved this program. You'd think WW would take a hint and bring it back.
I am going to try this (my version):
6 bread/starch
3+ vegies
2-3 fruit
2 dairy
6-8 protein
3-4 fat
8 water

Me again. Diet bites.com has tracking sheets, not the same as WW ones but should work.

I hope you have inspired me to start.

Thanks for posting this information. I agree that the WW plan back then was better, and I'm going to try it again. The current plan seems too complicated to me. I also had great success with this previously.

Is the the plan that has the large diary sheet, maybe legal size? The plan booklet is paperback, orange, with the outline of a moving person on it? I have it.

Would you still happen to have this booklet?

Can someone email me a copy of the weight watchers quick control plan from 1984

Hello, Could someone please email me a copy of the weight watchers quick control plan from 1984?

Thank you,

Rhonda, were you ever able to get a copy of the quick control diet. I too am in desperate need for myself and my 18 year old son. If you have it can you please send me a copy.

Did you ever find the materials for this version? I remember keeping a weekly log that included exercise. If you found one I would greatly appreciate a copy if you would forward one to me!!

I am looking for the Weight Watchers Quick Start Plus Program from the late 80s. I would also like the diary sheets to record the daily exchanges. Does anyone have this? This worked for me then and none of the new ones have worked. Thank you.

By Shorty from Butler, PA

Answers:

80's Weight Watchers Plan

I found a program that is exactly like the Weight Watchers 1980 program. It is called Healthy Exchanges Lifetime Plan. I haven't found a weekly journal as of yet. You can get the various cookbooks from Amazon and other used bookstores. (06/09/2010)

By Alison Maleski

80's Weight Watchers Plan

Sorry It has taken so long for me to post back on here, but I have been having severe pain in my lower back, buttocks and down into my right leg, from a bulging disc, arthritis in the spine, and slippage of the spine.

I took the one of the weekly menu planners that my mom has and used the one program on my computer and cleaned it up so it looks almost as good as new.

I am going to post it here so you can make copies. (02/17/2011)

By Matthew

RE: 80's Weight Watchers Plan

I am looking for the weekly diary for Weight Watchers from 1980. Does anyone know where I can get a copy? I have been trying to find the diet for a long time. I did this diet in the 80s and reached my goal weight. The new program is too slow. If you can help I would be very thankful.

By Sherri T. from Oklahoma City, OK

I am looking for a copy of the Weight Watchers diet from the 80s. I had one which I thought was wonderful, but I moved and it went missing. Can anyone help me?

By HEADACHE1

Answers:

80's Weight Watchers Plan

Either contact the company itself, or check Ebay, Amazon books, or one of the many other bookstores online such as Abebooks or Ilibris. If it's very structured, keep in mind, our bodies change around every 7 years, and what worked 20 or 30 years ago may not work now. (01/27/2010)

By Cornelia

80's Weight Watchers Plan

Hello! Check on Ebay. That's an excellent place to find stuff like that. Also, you might ask that question at myfitnesspal.com. Good Luck! (01/28/2010)

By yoopergrannie

80's Weight Watchers Plan

Ebay doesn't have anything like that but they do have a page where you can list what you are looking for and if someone has one they can contact you about it. You might start there, can't hurt to try. Good luck! (01/28/2010)

By Sherry

80's Weight Watchers Plan

They are usually plentiful in used bookstores for almost nothing. (01/28/2010)

By Jan Blazek

Does anyone have the old 4 week Weight Watcher's diet that was around in the middle 80s?

By ethel from Georgetown, TX

Answers:

80s Weight Watchers Plan

I am thinking that you might browse used book stores, eBay, etc. for old Weight Watcher's guides. (04/28/2009)

By Holly

80s Weight Watchers Plan

I am looking for a chicken recipe that was in a Weight Watchers recipe book in the 1980s it had dried mushrooms, green peppers, and soy sauce (only ingredients I can remember). Any help would be greatly appreciated.
(09/09/2009)

By Deirdre

I am looking for the Weight Watchers plan from around 1985. It contained booklets and I remember you got to add foods every week. Does anyone have this info?