Degreaser Removed Finish on Dresser?

I had a household degreaser on my wood dresser. The degreaser leaked from the spray bottle and created a sticky glue like ring. I removed it with cold water, and I noticed that I removed the clear coat and maybe the stain. So now I have a really light ring around the front of my new dresser. Any suggestions?

(Its made of Swirly Wood Veneer with a Carlet Finish. I don't know what that means.)

Kevin

Try rubbing in a little furniture oil and/or furniture scratch remover to see if it helps.

If not, you can always refinish the area that is discolored.

Anonymous

Because they both had yellow caps, I sprayed Lysol on my hardwood table instead of furniture polish! It was a problem immediately. I came to this website and it suggested using mayo. It helped it a little, but olive oil was my saving grace!

Kevin, did you ever find a solution? I have three pieces of furniture with the same ring. Looks like bubbles up super glue.

Home and Garden Repair FurnitureFebruary 20, 2008
👒
🐛
🐰
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf57651632.tip.html