Ocean Rose (Oregon)

While hiking with my husband, I found a dozen long-stemmed, red roses strewn across the rocks of an abandoned beach near Shore Acres State Park. They were so beautiful, and smelled so sweet, you'd think they were put there just to be found by me. I often wonder if they were thrown from the trail above in lover's remorse, or if they signal budding love along the shore. I like to think it's the latter!

I decided to hold one of these roses up and get a shot with the beach in the a background, to remember the moment God provided and the beautiful time my husband and I were having. Hope the rose-holder's day had been, and still is, just as peaceful!

By Chelle152 from Coquille, OR

Anonymous

Very beautiful photo. They could have also been strewn there in memory of someone.

Whenever I visit the spot where I released my daddy's ashes in the ocean I scatter flowers there.

Reply Like this photo? Yes