Handbag Organizer

Oh, I love this and wanted to share it with our Thriftyfun members. The project takes about 2-3 hours and depends on how fast you sew. It took me slightly longer to sew since I double-stitch all my seams. This is my second attempt, the first one was a total disaster. I purchased a piece of heavy-duty fusible interfacing and it was too stiff to work with. I had a 40% discount coupon, so it wasn't much of a loss. On my second attempt, I bought a piece of medium weight fusible interfacing and then used a second 40% coupon.

The organizer holds my wallet + notepad, hand sanitizer, eyeglass lens cleaner + 2 pens, Chapstick, prescription medication, checkbook, hand cream and cellphone. Now I don't have to empty my entire purse to find my pen, sanitizer, or lens cleaner. I have a few extra items that won't fit in the organizer, but this has definitely straightened out the clutter.

Source:

By Marjorie from Lewiston, NY

Good job!

Looks very pretty & efficient, and makes it easier to move stuff from one purse to another also! Q- did you use the fusible interfacing for the back and the front pocket sides? Can you give us a little idea of how you put it together? Thanks!

Crafts SewingNovember 25, 2009
🌻
😷
😎
📓
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf57878582.tip.html