Scruffy's Birthday (Terrier Mix)

Scruffy is a 2 year old terrier mix. We got her at the San Diego County Animal Shelter in June, 2005.

Scruffy is very friendly and loves to socialize at the park, wrestle with our big dog Barkley, or just curl up on my lap while I watch TV.

We have a tradition of celebrating our dog's birthdays with meat-loaf, when they roll around each year. Scruffy's 2nd birthday was January 21st. Here's a photo of her (the small tan one,) with my son D.J., and our 8 year old pointer-mix pup Barkley, waiting for a slice of "cake."

By Donna from San Diego, CA

Scruffy, Barkley and D.J. look pretty excited about the big birthday! Hope you all had a GREAT time. What in this world would we do without our wonderful pet friends and, of course, our WONDERFUL sons! I'm going to throw a big bash for my Webster the end of the month! Thanks for the great photograph! We love it!! Mitzi

Reply Like this photo? Yes

I would have to say that you have both Scruffy and Barkley well trained if they're willing to pose for a picture before diving into that birthday "cake"! I know all of you get a lot of enjoyment from them. Give them both a big hug for me.

Reply Like this photo? Yes