Attract Hummingbirds with Red Shirt

I have lots of flowers outdoors, and we usually we get about 1-2 hummingbirds. This week we've counted 4 at one time. I went outdoors with a red shirt on, holding the hummingbird feeder with my arm outstretched. 2 hummers came up, and 1 ate from the feeder as I held it.

My husband came out with the camera, and of course, they flew away. We will try it again to get a picture. They are so much fun to have around. They were eating the hosta flowers, too.

Instead of a scarecrow you need an entice hummers. Why not hang a red shirt in a tree outside. Make sure it's in the shade so as not to sunfade. You could put it on a hanger and run a few stitches at the shoulders so it won't blow off the hanger.