Cornstarch Antiperspirant

The last few weeks here have been extra humid. Even though we have central air conditioning in our home there are times that you must leave the house or do yard work. Perspiring is a problem, especially for those of us who may be going through menopause, are heavy, having radiation treatments or just plain old reacting to the heat.

I bought an extra box of pure cornstarch and a powder puff & put them in a round plastic container with a lid. I leave it in my bathroom and after getting washed up in the morning I proceed to dust my problem areas with the cornstarch. Sure does help.

By Joesgirl

If a rash appears you might have to discontinue use because cornstarch is notorius for holding and feeding bacteria and promoting yeast infection.

By (Guest Post)

Yup. Years ago my girlfriend and I were discussing the annoyance of deodorants; back then they all had some fragrance added and we didn't like that. So we started using a combination of baking soda and cornstarch, and it worked great! The soda combats odor and the cornstarch reduces perspiration. Every antiperspirant I know of on the market uses aluminum to clog the pores except Secret, which uses zinc.

Personally if I'm going to be clogging my pores I think I'd rather do it with cornstarch. Also there's the advantage of being able to choose your own scent, or none at all. And some people are alergic to aluminum, so cornstarch provides an alternative. Of course another alternative is to go ahead and sweat a lot and stink. With luck people who are offended by such things will just go away and leave you alone.