StylingHair Tips

How Do You Care for a Mohawk?

How much care does the average Mohawk need? How often do you put it up/retouch, how much spray/gel do you use, etc.? I'm a girl considering one, but I need to know what I'm getting myself into!

PiNG

A mohawk is a substantial amount of work. Your hair grows (on average) a half an inch a month, so to upkeep the style, you'll need a haircut about every four weeks. The easiest hair products to use would be a spray wax or a hair glue (make sure that you get something that is water-based that way it washes out easy). If your having doubts, I would try a fohawk. It's like a mohawk, but it's not so short on the sides and back.
Good luck!

Depending of how long it will be... The longer the more hassle & the more gel (or hair WAX), it the 70's punk era they used plain unflavored gelatin, but these day's they have lots of other cool hair products... You need to get up each & every morning & get your mohawk, Then blow dry it on a low setting... This may take you an extra half hour per day, are you sure you want to give up that extra half hour of sleep!?

Mohawk's take extra care, If you just leave your mohawk-cut hair alone, it will droop & fall down, but you can always wear a hat!

You can use, a strong hair spray, a hair gel, or a hair wax to hold it up... Rub the hair product through, then comb out the spikes & separate into spikes by twisting sections separately if you want a more spiky look.