Freezer Storage Tips

I needed organization and room in my freezer. I use quart size freezer bags for storing all foods (I live alone, you can use gallon size for family). The trick here is to fill the bag per portion you want, holding the opening up so food does not spill out. Lay the bag on the counter and release as much air from the bag as you can.

Lay the top part over the rest of the bag and zip shut. When stacking these in the freezer, alternate the way you lay the bag so it will flatten out better. You can store double the amount in the freezer, plus you will be able to see the food much better.

By Jacque from Lincoln, NE

You can use a soda straw to pull out more air. Just close the zipper almost to the end and insert the straw. Then pull out more air and zip it closed.

I bought some of those small plastic bins with a single drawers in them at Walmart for $2.50. I like to buy ground turkey, hamburger, grated cheeses and chicken breasts at Costco in bulk. Then I divide them and put them into baggies.

Now in my freezer, each of these little bins hold either several baggies of cheese, several chicken breasts, or 1/2 pound bags of ground turkey, etc. This storage system keeps the food from freezer burn, and keeps the freezer neater.

By kmcb59 from Leavensworth, WA

Answers:

Freezer Storage Tip

Yeah, I did the same and submitted it back a few months. Only I do mine inside the fridge. There is a drawer for eggs, bread, meats and cheeses. They work great, don't they? (05/09/2009)

By Sandi/Poor But Proud

RE: Freezer Storage Tip

To save clean-up and storage in your freezer, when making sauce, always put the extra in ziplock bags. It frees up much needed space, and when you thaw it out, you throw away the bag, therefore not staining any tupperware!

By Kerry

Food and Recipes Freezing AdviceOctober 25, 2010
📓
🌻
🐛
😷
😎
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf647482.tip.html