WindowsHome Improvement

Use Hair Ties to Hold Back Curtains

When you want to tie back your curtains to let air in, but their not usually tied back, use a ponytail holder/hair tie. Gather the curtain panel and pull the holder/hair tie up from the bottom. It allows the air to flow through the window without leaving creases in your curtains and easily pulls right off to close them up again. You could be creative and use hair ties with flowers, gems, or other fun things on them too.

By Cindy from Bath, PA

I already do this! Works great.

I also use the hair ties, great idea. Also use a napkin ring on the window curtains over the kitchen sink. Single ones can often be found in mark down bins in just about any store.

Thanks! I hadn't thought of this, I'm going to try it right now. My poor curtains will no doubt thank me.

I use clothes pins to hold my curtains open or closed.
when I take a check and deposit slip to the bank. I clip them together with the same spring-type clothes pin.

Save it from blowing away in the car, from the slide out tray at the bank drive thru. the ladies at the bank put the c.pin back on anything they are sending back to me. No extra envelopes needed.