Chest Freezer Reviews

I need to replace our 30-year-old freezer. Looking to purchase small, chest-type, freezer, about 9 cubic feet. Any advice on brands?

Betty from Beaverton, OR

By ELAINE (Guest Post)

I FIND KENMORE OR ANY OTHER BRAND CARRIED BY SEARS IS A WIN-WIN APPLIANCE PURCHASE. THE PRICES ARE GOOD AND SO ARE THE APPLIANCES. I DON'T HESITATE TO HEAD FOR SEARS WHEN I NEED AN APPLIANCE.

I agree with Elaine on Kenmore. I own a Kenmore freezer and it has been trouble free. It is garage kept and it gets pretty darned hot down here in south Mississippi but the freezer has held up nicely these last three years I've had it. Now, I personally chose to go with an upright instead of a chest freezer simply because I had a small chest freezer before, a Frigidaire (it went with my ex so I don't know if it held up or not!) but anyway, everything got lost in the bottom of the chest freezer and digging through it was such a pain.

Mine is a 13.7 cu. ft. upright, and I so much prefer the upright. Even though it's just me and my husband now, we use every inch of it! It's so much easier to see everything, and easier to organize, but that's just my opinion.

By Bonnie (Guest Post)

I have my second Kenmore chest freezer; my first was a 9 cubic ft. and when I needed something larger I got a 12 cubic ft. and I've been very pleased with both of them. I gave the 9 cubic ft. away to a family member when I got the larger one and it has been in constant use between the two of us for about 25 years at this point in time, with no problems.