Cooking Time and Temperature for Roasting Chickens

How long do I need to roast two chickens (1.8KG) at the same time? What oven temperature?

By Colleen from Bundaberg, AUS

Best Answer

I will try to give you some help, but I think you are talking metric measurements so you will have to translate the numbers I give you. For a moist, juicy chicken cover and cook slowly, about 375F about 45 minuters to an hour or so. Test by trying to wiggle the legs; if they wiggle easily, the chickens are done. Also, cut the skin between the leg and the body; if the juice runs clear, they are done. Uncover and raise over temperature to 450F for about 10-15 minutes until browned. Recover. Turn off heat, open over door partly, and let sit for about 10 minutes. Hope this works for you.