Use Plastic Coffee Containers for Paint Cans

This is one from my hubby. He has me keeping all of the 2 pound plastic coffee containers with the handles on them for future use in his shop. He builds houses and remodels them as well. He says these containers are perfect for holding paint while working on a house. He can hang on to it easily with the handle an they are very sturdy.

Excellent idea, wish I had thought of this earlier during the summer, when I repainted the inside of our home. Would have made it a lot easier.

I really like this idea! ... & what's especially nice is the cans are made of plastic so you don't have to worry about rust... & to think, I've been using a disposable Styrofoam cup to hold my paint when up on a ladder!?... Your idea SURE beats THAT!

Oh Oh. The manufacturers will see this & stop putting handles on the containers. Everytime we find something "good" and it's free, they take it away.

Thank hubby for it.

I have been doing this for years. I keep all of my coffee containers and one for each color of paint, I have a different container. Also I keep the smaller ones for touch up or small projects. I put a smudge of paint on the top so I know what color is inside. Thank you for posting this great idea.