Pet PagesPets

Bella (Shar-Pei/Lab Mix)

Bella "No No" Kirkus is a 1 year old Shar-Pei/Lab mix. We adopted her when she was 5 weeks old. The vet office found a litter of pups in a box by a dumpster and the rest is history!

She is the smartest dog I have ever come across. They said her estimated birth date to be December 15. She loves tennis balls and her chuck it. I would love to get her trained as a service dog so that she can help me with my chronic, very painful, no cure for illness!

By Carrie Kirkus

Carrie, Bella is just so beautiful and has grown up and is even more beautiful. Several of my "kids" have been found in dumpsters and make the best pets. I have a cat that is 17 this year found in a dumpster.

Reply Like this photo? Yes
Anonymous

Adorable! I also hope you can train her to be a service dog as well as already a beloved fur baby :-)

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Carrie, Bella is beautiful! There is an organization that Betty White works with that trains service dogs... I'm pulling this from deep in my memory (lol), but I would Google & see what you can find.

I read a book about a man going blind & he was very upset about needing assistance, anyway, after some time, he was placed with a dog who was trained to be his eyes. I wish I could think of the name of the book. Hopefully Googling will pull something up. God bless!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Completely adorable!

Reply Like this photo? Yes