Repairing an Auto Accessory Power Outlet

Category Cars
When you have a electrical problem on your car, it may be as easy as a new fuse to fix it or you may need a professional. This is a guide about repairing a car's accessory power outlet.

The cell phone charger in my car doesn't work/charge. There is a tray right next to where the charger connects. I had put some coins in that tray and a penny got into the slot where the charger is to be pushed in.

I took out the penny; didn't have to pry as it wasn't jammed in. Now the charger no longer charges. It's not the charger itself as it works in another vehicle. Anything I can do about this other than taking it to the dealer?

By Betty

Answers

Betty,
I think you have blown a fuse when you dropped a coin in the slot. That shorted it out and you blew the fuse. Check your owner's manual and it will tell you where the fuses are located so you can replace the bad one.
Rich