A heart-healthy one-dish meal that is made with lean top round beef, lots of vegetables, and a spicy, herb mixture.
1. Partially freeze beef. Thinly slice across the grain into long strips 1/8-inch thick and 3 inches wide.
2. Combine paprika, oregano, chili powder, garlic powder, black pepper, red pepper, and dry mustard. Coat strips of meat with the spice mixture.
3. Spray a large heavy skillet with nonstick spray coating. Preheat pan over high heat.
4. Add meat; cook, stirring for 5 minutes.
5. Add potatoes, onion, broth, and garlic. Cook covered, over medium heat for 20 minutes.
6. Stir in carrots, lay greens over top, and cook, covered, until carrots are tender, about 15 minutes.
7. Serve in large serving bowl, with crusty bread for dunking.
Yield:6 servings--Serving Size: 7 oz
Each serving provides:
Total fat: 4 g
Saturated fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 45 mg
Sodium: 101 mg
National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!