Husqvarna Riding Mower Won't Start

My mower won't start. It has new fuel and a new filter. Gas does not pass through the fuel pump. There is a spark from the spark plugs. I tried spraying starting fluid into the carb, it still does not try to start. I am stumped.

By Mike U. from NM

Best Answer

I just had the same problem. My neighbor figured out at the top of the gas cap there is a hole. It was plugged. Worked great after that.

I had the same problem. I unplugged the kill switch under the seat and blew it out and plugged back in and it fired right up.

I have to assume the mower ran before you changed the filter. So I can only offer two thoughts.
1. Does the gas flow only in one direction with the filter. If that is the case maybe it is instaled backwards.
2. Could there be a kink in the gas line somewhere so the carb is fuel deprived.

Not much help but that is all I can suggest.

Home and Garden Repair Machines Lawn MowersJuly 13, 2011
🍀
💘