Clever Ideas Using Photoshop

ChristmasCard216x167.jpg I am a graphic designer and an expert with Photoshop, my family expects a creative, homemade Christmas card every year. This is the one I did for 2007. I had only one santa hat so I had to take each of the kids photos at different times and put them together in Photoshop. I have them stand against a plain wall (no artwork on the wall) so it will be easier to "drop out" the background and use my own.

People240x300.jpg I designed this one for my daughter's 18th birthday. I googled People magazine covers, downloaded an image as something to go by and reset the magazine using photos of my daughter and my own captions. This was a big hit with everyone and I received numerous requests to do one for other people. Have fun! Football200x133.jpg

This poster I did for my son for his birthday. He was on the HS football team that year and used the digital images from the teams website. I did this one in InDesign but you can use any page layout program. I then bought a real nice but inexpensive frame at Michaels. It will be something he can cherish forever.

By Tina from Rochester, NY

Anonymous

Great job, those all look fantastic! I am just getting started in using a photo program, and this is exactly what I want to be able to do someday. Looks fun!

What a beautiful family and lucky you to have the knowledge to do this special thing for your kids!

Beautiful! I envy you and your talent.

WOW!! Great job and just like you said, a real keepsake for the recipient. These would be a nice and thoughtful Christmas present-- everyone likes to see "their name in lights."

I am TOTALLY IMPRESSED! What a professional job you did! Maybe I'll try to do this in the future.

wow. great job
could you tell us how you did it?

I could tell you how I did it...but then I'd have to kill you! Just joking. Unfortunately for you it's 15 years of experience. I've worked in a print shop and you get a lot of ideas and experience. I am an expert in the Adobe products. For the People magazine one I googled covers. I put one next to my new document, then recreated the whole thing. I was lucky enough to have hi-res files of my daughters senior pictures to use. I did one for my bosses daughter's birthday as well. They were a big hit!

Have you ever thought of creating a step-by-step tutorial of how to do this? If you could make it crystal clear for the complete novice to be successful, I'm certain people would buy it. You could sell the tutorial on clickbank. Or you could create your own website and sell it there. Just a thought.