Use a Memo Board for Unusual Grocery Items

I keep a small memo board on the side of my fridge to write down those things you run out of that are not normally on your grocery list. Kraut, capers, special spices, brown sugar, molasses, cranberry sauce, the sort of thing that if I run out, I may forget to replace because I don't use it too often. Then when I need it, I find out, I forgot to replace it.

For instance, you may only use kraut for Rubens but it is nice to know you do have the kraut when you crave one. About once a month I check the list and put the items on my normal grocery list.

By eve from Gulf Coast

I use a similar idea. I buy mini size legal pads and glue 2 pieces of magnets from a magnet roll on the back and stick it on the fridge. As I run out of items, I write it on the pad. When I'm ready to go shopping, I just tear the page and voila! - instant grocery list. When I use all the paper, I tear out the magnets and restick them to a new pad with rubber cement.

Consumer Advice Shopping Grocery ShoppingSeptember 11, 2009
💘
🍀