Pirate Birthday Party Theme

You can make your own "Pin the Patch on the Pirate" game by looking for coloring pages online. Then print it on your computer as a poster size. Then create eye patches for the kids to pin on the pirate.

If you want to keep kids busy during the party, have them decorate brown paper lunch bags with stickers, markers, etc. as "Goodie Bags" This way they will know which one is theirs and they get to decorate it themselves

Now it's time to send them on a "Treasure Hunt" to fill their goodie bags. I purchased items from a dollar store such as slinkies, pencils, candy, etc. I hide the treasure before the party. I took pictures of where the treasure was hidden and then printed the pictures and told the kids to go find the treasure. I usually send an adult along to help. Pictures are great when you have little kids that can't read yet.

And while the kids are on the hunt for their "treasure", you can be inside getting the cake and ice cream ready. This is their big treasure and usually the last clue will lead them to where you are.

I also suggest making your own "treasure chest" cake. You can find recipes online.

By Patty from Yucca Valley, CA