Grilling Food for the Freezer

Grilling outside today! Yes, in 50 degrees Brrr! I'm grilling wings, burgers and hot dogs. Then I freeze in bags to be used later. I can pull out what I want, still frozen. I put the microwave on defrost and have that grilled flavor to enjoy when its snowing out there. By cooking several things at once, I also save on my grill's propane. Enjoy.

By Carol from Michigan

This is a most excellent idea! My husband and I do this every weekend. We usually fire up the grill (we use charcoal) one afternoon and cook chicken quarters marinated in Italian Salad Dressing then covered in BBQ sauce, hot dogs, hamburgers, pork steaks covered in BBQ sauce, and ribs. After we eat dinner that night, everything goes into freezer bags in the deep freeze. I don't have to go through the "what am I going to cook tonight?" dilema everyday...after our 1 year old (youngest of 3) granddaughters goes home for the night, I pull something pre-cooked out of the freezer warm it in the microwave and fix something quick to go with it!

God Bless...