Can I Freeze Stuffing?

Category Freezing OLD
Stuffing is often leftover from holiday meals. Freezing stuffing is a great way to preserve it for later use.

I made 2 batches of stuffing. One with apples, and one with mushrooms and onions. Can I freeze them? I was worried it would become watery. Of course, I could always add gravy.

Daphna from Alachua, Florida

Answers

Best Answer

I freeze stuffing all the time. It's great to have stuffing in Feb. without having to start from scratch!

By Faye. (Guest Post)
Best Answer

I freeze my stuffing that has onions, celery, mushrooms, etc. It is really good thawed a bit in mirowave & then put in the bottom of your Slow Cooker, top with a raw Turkey Breast or Thigh, add a glaze of Apricot Jam mixed with Onion Soup Mix. It smells so good when cooking!! (You may want to add a bit of moisture to your stuffing to prevent it from drying out too much) Enjoy!

Best Answer

Whenever I fix a turkey during the holidays, I fix the largest I can find. After we eat our meal, I freeze the turkey and stuffing in meal-sized portions (I use a food saver) and freeze for quick meals.

I pour the gravy in plastic containers from frosting, which are the perfect size. This have save us a lot of grief on those hectic nites.

I freeze all my bread, so I can't see why you can't freeze stuffing.