Growing Peas for Winter

We have a large family and so always put in a large garden and can lots of food for winter months. We have potatoes, onions and peas and kale in so far. Hoping it stays mild and we can soon plant more. Everyone in the family helps with garden from oldest to youngest. Here the peas are popping ground. What a welcome sight.

By Beth from Ft. Blackmore, VA

That's great, I grow food all the time for us. We enjoy the fresh veggies,they are good for us & I enjoy working outside, good luck.

I am just below you in NC. I have snow peas I'd like to plant. I was advised that February was the best time.

Please tell me what type of pea you are planting in VA this time of year. Whatever they are, I'd like to try them in NC.