Making Liquid Potpourri?

I use potpourri in a big pan with water and put on top of the stove to simmer all day to keep my home smelling good. My question is can I save the water of the potpourri and add a scent the same as the potpourri then use it as a liquid potpourri?

Angie from WI

What I would suggest rather than keeping the liquid, would be to just take water and add a few drops of pure essential oil. Lemon, orange, wintergreen, lavendar or any number of choices. The cost for the oil is expensive, but the bottle goes a long way as only two or three drops is required. Also works good in the bathwater too for a relaxing bath. You could also use the essential oils in a bottle with some alcool as a mist air freshner.

Save yourself some money and buy a "little dipper" from Walmart. It is like a mini crockpot, it holds @3-4 cups. I use mine lots for dips and potpourri.

You can find them for around $5.00 and it takes a lot less power to use a plug in appliance that stove top.
www.recipezaar.com type in potpourri, they have recipes there.
I have used the same water for up to 3 days.

Thanks for the tips
Angie

How about the Dollar Stores Perfume Mist Sprays? A quick squirt in the dryer does it here & most Softener Sheets are Scented!

Crafts AdviceJanuary 7, 2008
😷
🌻
😎
📓
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf76977589.tip.html