Recycling High Density Foam Mattresses

Wondering just how to recycle the high density foam (not inflatable) pool "mattresses" being tossed on curbs, I discovered that they make WONDERFUL sleeping mattresses and toppers for overly soft sofas, with loosy-goosey or no cushions, out of shape twin mattresses, campouts and overnight kid company!

Use twin fitted sheets to anchor them to whatever they lie on, then a top sheet to cover yourself. I've slept on one because of my condition for over a year and they are usually "bubble" patterned so that they aren't too hot and usually have both a built in pillow or a folded back end so that I can store my glasses in the fold at night for both protected storage and easy finding next morning! I'm amazed how well and versatile they are for lots of needs, hands down better than plastic blow-ups, spongy foam, or thin roll up mats!

By Lynda from Richardson, TX

My friend covers them and makes dog beds out of them for her large dogs.

P.S. When really old or having sat in the sun too long they can become too hard, but for the most part of them, they are just right for adult sleeping and VERY luxurious for a dog as any mattress might be. LOL

Egg crate mattresses make great sleeping areas too. Just take 2 and put them egg shapes together and cover. Makes for a great spare bed for sleepovers.