Prescription DrugsHealth & Beauty

Get Extra Prescription Labels

My kids all have medication throughout the year. The pharmacist gives me a second label along with all the medications. When a small pill bottle becomes empty, I save it for those times that my kids go on sleep overs or camps. When it is time to send the kids off, I fill several small bottles with their various medications and attach one of the most current extra labels to the bottle.

This way the nurse/parent at the camp/sleepover has the current drug information and doctors name without doubting what it is. I use the labels I don't need for lint pick up in my house cleaning.

By soizic bluestone from Hawaii

Top Comment

We can't do that in Missouri, due to our state laws. If you want a 2nd label, the pharmacist can only do it by splitting your order into 2 bottles. I've been a pharmacy tech off and on since 1981.

Prior to this law in Missouri, there were times where someone put a second label on a bottle but put a different medication in it--the liability goes back to the pharmacist.

So, this may not work for everyone. If it is a prescription one takes monthly, you can always save the bottle from the last month for school or camp use.