General AdviceConsumer Advice

Purchasing a Casket Online

Did anyone ever purchase a casket on line? Was it delivered on time and as advertised?

Curious from WA

I know you can purchase Caskets on line at Costco and they are beautiful.

I really don't want to purchase my own casket on line, because I'm not interesting in using it too soon. LOL! LOL!

You may think that you'll save more money by purchasing the casket yourself than ordering one from a funeral home. But in the long run it could end up costing you more money then what you expected. A funeral home has the right to over charge you for funeral expenses if you buy a casket from someone else.

Wow! I thought Costco was a drug store.

You can save thousands of dollars purchasing Caskets online. View them at Costco site and you will also see the prices. In Florida the funeral homes must LEGALLY accept the casket :) saving big $$$. A fellow parishioner of my church purchased the casket about 2 years ago and it was delivered as promised with no problems. Much money was saved.

I have purchased one online. I was able to pick out exactly what I wanted without it costing a fortune. It was delivered the next day, usually within 24 hours, to the funeral home. In my state, the funeral home must let you buy your own without overcharging you for other services. I was very pleased with it! It was about 1/10th of what I would have paid otherwise. Just google "caskets", you will be surprised how many there are out there.

Anonymous

I found this to be an interesting question :-) Personally I'll be donated to a medical college and they take you for free ;-) No muss, no fuss ;-) I'll be gone and if the donation of my physical vessel helps in the future then what does it matter if I am in a casket or an urn or otherwise?

On the serious side of this is that disease and trauma research benefits and also benefits future doctors in training and all that our loved ones will have to worry about is their own personal choices of how they wish to remember us by :-)

Oh my goodness. I never thought of ordering one online, but I guess you can order most anything online nowadays. I saw a cartoon one time where someone had one for sale at a yard sale.