Liner for Wastebasket Keeps Slipping?

Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 219 Posts

I have a beautiful ceramic bathroom wastebasket and I was wondering if I could use double sided tape to hold the liner inside? I bought some 3 gallon liners, but they keep slipping down inside the wastebasket. Any suggestions?

By Onesummer

If you had a large enough rubber band, or some elastic for a waistband, you could make one, it slips over the top of the basket to hold the liner around the outside rim.

You could use double sided tape but it may adhere to the gallon liners too aggressive causing them to tear when you want to remove them and also the tape could peel off the wastebasket at the same time.. You could fold the bag over the rim of the basket and anchor it place with some clips.

Or line the basket with a old towel using double sided tape. Maybe the friction of the towel against the plastic bag would be enough hold it in place. I am sure other posers can come with some niffty ideas.

Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 109 Feedbacks

We solved the problem with a trash can rubber band liner. Look at these, I did a Google search for trash can rubber band and had many hits but here are a couple. We purchased three and accidentally threw 2 out. The last one has been doin' the job for over a year now.

www.amazon.com/.../B000N4BWVO (Affiliate Link)

www.dollardays.com/i666011-wholesale-set-of-3-secure...

My favorite
www.mileskimball.com/.../ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=0000083999...

Silver Feedback Medal for All Time! 282 Feedbacks

What Fatboyslimsmom said.

I read a tip here (I think) a few weeks ago suggesting using elastic. The poster sewed the ends of the elastic but you could tie it, too.

It sounded like a really good idea to me.

Tie a small knot at the top open corner of the bag. This will make it snug as you put it over the edge of your wastebasket. If the bags you're using are on a roll, just keep the roll in the container, too. Then they're right there when you replace.

Have you thought of paper bags that have the structure to free stand?

Gold Post Medal for All Time! 846 Posts

I also place the bag in the can and then knot one corner after folding the top of the bag over the can.

Someone suggested, probably on this site, to put those self sticking hooks (small) on the sides (inside or outside) of container and then hang the bags on them. Two should do it.

Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 107 Feedbacks

What I do is grab 2 edges a few inches apart and tie them in a double knot like your shoes. If its too tight stretch it a little so its loose enough to tie.

I do this every day only takes a second.

Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceDecember 6, 2011
🍂
🎃
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf81614694.tip.html