Choosing a Hair Color Brand

My hairstylist told me I should always use the same type or brand of hair color on my hair. I've been doing my own hair for years and always got whatever the best deal. It was usually free with coupons and sales.

Any suggestions on a brand to stick with? Cost isn't that much of any issue as I am sure I can find whatever brand for a great price.

Thanks.

By Mindy

Anonymous

It depends on what kind of hair color and what color you are trying to achieve. Are you trying to cover gray and lighten or darken? Do you like to use permanent, semi-permanent or demi-permanent?

And, yes, you should stick with the same brand because they are all chemically formulated differently. If you would share more info I would be happy to help you. I was a hairstylist for 35 years and so were both of my parents.

There was a product called Luminze. Ash,gold,red, neutral. Apply to dry head. Leave on 10 to 15 minutes. Rinse hair thoroughly. Condition. These colors lifts your hair at least 3 shades. I have a very sensitive scalp and it was perfect for me. I have had 2nd degree burns twice. With Luminize, it is so gentle, that there is Coburn or stings.

Changing brands is not a good idea. I used to dye my hair and I went from Loreal to Revlon, my color was ash blonde light and it changed it to an orange. I went back to Loreal brand and was very happy with it.

I like Nice & Easy because it is just that - nice and easy. It's also very inexpensive and easy to find your same color every time you buy it. It makes my hair feel so soft after coloring it. It actually seems to help the hair be more healthy. I've not noticed it damaging my hair in any way.

Oh, I just love the Nice'n Easy Color Technology brand.
As a matter of fact, I just finished using it a few minutes ago.

They give you this tube of gloss to apply after rinsing and you let it stay on for 2 minutes. Rinse, and the shine is so wonderful. No dull look at all. They want you to reapply some once a week for about 6 weeks.
I always use coupons at Wal-Mart and keep one in my storage cabinet for whenever the color is due.
That way, I don't have to make a special trip when the hair starts to look like it needs it's recolor.
Hope this helps you out.

Thanks for the advice! Deeli, I emailed you through this site.
Thanks again~ I love this site!

I've always had good results using L'Oreal, plus they don't test their products on animals.

Not true, all the big cosmetic companies allow testing on animals if they sell their products to countries like China!

Loreal is the best and they put a tube of deep conditioner in their boxes. The Feria by Loreal gives hair a more natural look I think. I love this one, the golden blonde.