Cleaning Mystery Yellow Stain From White Clothing

Almost every piece of white clothing I own has a mysterious yellow stain on it. I think it might be rust from the washer, but I'm not sure. The stains' are very small, but I notice them. Anyways, does anyone know how I can get them out?

Kristen from Tempe, AZ

I recently used OxyClean to wash a wedding dress I purchased at a thrift shop. It worked like a charm. I am a true believer. I have a large container I had bought at a Costco a while back. I filled my tub 3/4 with water. I added about 2 cups of OxyClean and dissolved it. I then soaked my dress while I was at work. Came back, rinsed it and it was great! I know there are many stain removers out there, but I would definitely recommend OxyClean. =) Good luck!

It could be rust from the washing machine. Sometimes the tub gets cracked or damaged and will rust.

Yes, they are from your washing machine because I've got the same problem. My DH's white undershirt has a yellow mark on the collar and I haven't figured out how to remove it yet.

Here's what I think is the "best" at removing rust stains from clothing: Simply wet the stain and apply a bit of ZUD cleanser from the can and brush it in with an old toothbrush or just rub the paste in. Wash as usual, and the stain will be gone! I've done this for about 20 years with my kid's clothes that got rust from overall hardware, etc. Works every time!! You can find ZUD at the supermarket in the cleaning aisle, with Comet, Ajax, etc.

Have you tried doing a load in your washer without clothes and running some white vinegar through it ? If that helps, use some 20 Mule Team Borax in each load after that. (That stuff is just wonderful !)

Well, I had this old, old white dress blouse that I liked to wear under my suits. I've had it for 6+ Years and back in the day I problems with sweating. Now my shirt had horrible yellow but I mean YELLOW pit stains. Not pastel yellow it was really yellow almost orange. (I know gross) I didn't want to get rid of it because I LOVE my blouse and I figured that since I wear it under my suits that I would be ok. So, yesterday I decided to do my own invention to try and get this stain out. I've heard some people tell me that Lime others told me Baking soda and vinegar so I tried all 3.

First I put Baking soda on the stains and then I put the vinegar (Next time I'll put vinegar first and then baking soda) and then I waited for it to stop bubbling and then I squeezed half a Lime into both pits and waited like 2 hours (I think it was more like I forgot that I had left the shirt outside he he he) I came back out took the shirt hand washed it with cold water and my detergent and put it outside to dry. I checked it like 3 hours later and VOILA! the pit stains were GONE! I couldn't believe it!

Anonymous

Salt and lemon juice scrub. Don't let it sit to long. Repeat if Needed