What Breed Is My Dog? (Boxer Mix?)

Does my dog look like a Pit Bull?

Shaheem from Syracuse, NY

By (Guest Post)

Looks like a mix with boxer in there somewhere.

my dog look just like this with out the white feet

Just by looking at the picture, my 1st impression was shepherd/boxer w/ maybe lab somewhere in there...

By retrosarah (Guest Post)

He looks like a Rhodesian(sp?) Ridgeback. Is the fur down his spine a darker color?

If so, then he could be. I also see Staffordshire in him possibly?

By Loretta B (Guest Post)

Hi, I have your dogs twin sister. We got her at the pound. The person that turned her in said that she is a boxer mix. Mixed with what? I don't know. Loretta

By Robin (Guest Post)

Looks like there might be some in there. Looks a lot like my daughter, Gracie's dog and she's a pit bull.

I doubt that your dog is a pit bull. These dogs are bred mostly from Bull Terriers with a conglomeration of other breeds thrown in. The photo looks mothing like one. My guess, after 30 years of showing dogs, would be with "Retrosarah" in the Rodesian Ridgeback/Staffordshire then again, it's also possible that there is boxer in there.

Without seeing the animal in person, or at least more photos from different angles, it's really hard to say for sure. Is there a specific reason you need to know? or is it just curiosity? It's also possible that this dog is a pure breed but just not the standard look for the breed. I've seen a lot of dogs who are purebred and look more like a mix.
Either way, the dog looks like a sweetie.

Anonymous

Looks like a black mouth curr. Look it up

By Ame (Guest Post)

I own a pit bull and I don't think your dog is one. However, I think your dog is a real cutie.

Hi, your dog looks like an "Old English Bull dog'. My son has one. She is almost 5 months old. So cute, has a long tail and looks so much like your dog.

Donna Victoria B.C.

By (Guest Post)

I think Retrosarah got your breed. Looks like a Rhodesian Ridgeback to me too. My sister has a dog that has similar looks. She has pit bull terrier/Rhodesian. Sorry I don't have a better facial shot. The adorable Dalmatian is mine. These kissy girls had a blast together this past Christmas.
Dal was 11 mo. & PBT/Rhodesian 7 years old.
Jennifer CA

I just added more photos.

By 4doglarry (Guest Post)

Your dog is a boxer. The ears have not been clipped and your dog is adorable.

We have a 13 year old boxer and dearly love her. In England they do not clip the ears.

By Chelsea (Guest Post)

My dog (who for the most part looks very GSD) has the same face shape as your dog. I just got mine dna tested and the results came back as a german shapherd/Boxer mix. I think your dog has boxer in it too.

By Tammy (Guest Post)

I think your dog looks like a boxer/lab mix

Your dog looks just like my son's dog. I should send u a pic after we get'm developed. Our's is a boxer/red pit mix.

Your dog could be mine's twin. I believe they are boxer/Rhodesian(sp?) Ridgeback mix.

I have a German shepherd and boxer mix that looks just like yours.

She could basically be my Zoe's twin. We rescued our beauty 4 years ago, and think she's about 8-9.

They called her a Staffordshire Terrier mix, but we're pretty sure she is part Boxer :) Beautiful!

This is Cinnamon she is two and a half and a boxer mix we believe that she is mixed with Rhodesian ridgeback.

Anonymous

First off your dog looks amazing! It could possibly be a Boxer Bullmastiff mix or Boxweiler (Boxer / Rottweiler mix) since your dog looks large but a Rhodesian Ridgeback/ boxer mix would be large too. It is very possible your dog could be mixed with multiple other breeds too like a Pitbull.

Anonymous

Looks like a boxer and pit mix

My wife and have a female dog that looks exactly like your dog. We believe that she looked like a pit bull, but after some research online we believe she is a boxer and pointer mix. There still may be a little pout bull in there.

it's a boxer staffy cross

Your pup looks like mine

This was him at the shelter in 2015

So, I clicked on this picture because I thought this was an old picture of the dog I rescued last summer (July 2017). This dog looks EXACTLY like her, when she was that size. For real, enough to make me click on the link to see the source/poster. Needless to say, not my rescue. HOWEVER, we did one of those mail in testing kits and it came back Rhodsian ridgeback mixed with Boxer and I can't remember exactly what it was in the bully family but that was the third. I THINK American Bulldog. Which "pitbulls" are a bully breed. Your dog undoubtedly has a little.

Anonymous

Your dog looks like a boxer to me.

Anonymous

It's a black mouthed cur. You'd be surprised how many are around here, but vets continue to day these dogs are Boxer mixes. It's mainly found in the South, used on ranches, and very smart. The book, "Old Yeller" was written about one. Here's mine: