Faded Spots on Italian Leather Settees

The leather is fading in various places especially where my head rests. The response I got from the manufacturer is that it was the ph in my perspiration. If this was so, why is it fading on other parts of the settees that I don't sit on.

Any ideas?
By the way they are only 18 months old.

By Charles T

It could be that, it could be because of hair products someone has used, or it could be faulty dye job to begin with. I believe it should have lasted longer, but remember, leather is a natural product that has flaws.

The unevenness of the dyes, the cracks in the dyes, the fading and wearing, scuffs, differing thickness of the fabric, etc, are what give leather its personality and should be embraced as traits of the product - a consideration given before leather furniture is bought.

If the warranty is over, it's too late to get anything done even if it is a flaw.