Dog Pees in the House When Excited

Is it normal for a Jack Russell to pee when excited? He will pee if you pet him or even talk to him. I do not know what to do, and we have carpet in the house. He jumps on the bed when the grandsons come over and pees on the bed, and gets on the furniture and pees too, what can I do? I love him to pieces but am so very frustrated

By Cindy B

He is showing submission when he does this. They do make doggy diapers if all else fails.

My little Pomeranian use to pee when anyone would come into the room. This is a dog's way of saying "I'm friendly, please don't hurt me." When my little pom would start to pee I would gently put my hand on her tummy, and lift her tummy. She would stop peeing. Do not use words, just stay very calm because dogs pick up on your energy.

Do not scold your dog cause that will make matters worse. She quickly learned that no body was going to her, and she stopped peeing.

My dog used to do this, usually when we come in the house and she was excited that we came home. We learned to ignore her, no touch, no talk, no eye contact, for maybe 10 minutes, then she would be calm enough and didn't pee.