Repairing a Bread Machine

How do I repair a Regal Kitchen Pro model K6725 bread machine? It worked fine for years, but now the spindle that is supposed to turn the spatula won't work. The motor sounds fine when turned on and the spatula can be manually turned with no problem, but won't turn with motor running. Is there a belt in the bottom of the unit that may have broken or come loose?

By Nancy from Maypearl, TX

My advice is to try to find someone who fixes small appliances...they may not advertise, but ask at your local thrift store if they know of someone.

When our bread machine spindle broke after a long time of use and I couldn't find a repairman, I put an ad in the local paper wanting an unwanted bread machine and got several calls (mentioned it to my brother who said he had one he got at a garage sale and had never used so I now have one that's a different brand but still can use the previous recipe book). So, ask around. Unless you know how to substitute parts in small appliances you'll probably be frustrated trying to repair your present one.