EnergyConservation

Use Heat Pump to Power Water Heater

My husband and I recycle and compost. We have some big concerns about filling up land fills and until someone starts an energy producing plant using the waste we produce, this is our way of trying to help.

We had our old hot water tank changed over from natural gas to a heat pump and have cut our gas bill in half. We also have a gas stove in our rec room. We didn't know there was such a thing as a heat pump for a water heater until we had to replace our tank. It turned out that we did not have to replace our tank, just put a special heat pump on top. It works! We also invested in a heat pump for the furnace and that has cut our electric bill in half again.

We have replaced all our electric bulbs with the new energy saving LEDS and florescent bulbs and our old TVs are next. Now if I can only talk my husband into some solar panels ;)

By Linda from Yakima, WA

Very cool that you wrote this, we are going to need to replace our furnaces soon and I have just been looking into heat pumps.

:)